Re: Some restrictions when using usbtest and g_zero

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 04:58:13PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:

> > > Those matter only for ep0, not for bulk/interrupt.
> >
> > huh ? usbtest send SetFeature(HALT) for the bulk endpoint, right ?
> > That's what Peter's UDC driver is missing. It's this special case of
> > halting the endpoint when the host asks it to regardless of having
> > queued struct usb_requests or not.
>
> Yes, that's what I said.  Peter's UDC driver doesn't handle halts for
> bulk endpoints properly.  But the difference between protocol and
> functional (or non-protocol) stalls matters only for ep0, not for
> bulk/interrupt, so it's not relevant to Peter's problem.

Thanks, Alan and Felipe.

My problem should be the chipidea udc driver does not support functional
stall well, it fixes the handling between functional and protocol stall.

My understanding for these two stalls:

- Functional stall, the host stalls the endpoints through SET_FEATURE
by ep0, the ep0 does not recommend to support functional stall from
the spec. The device should always set stall for this endpoint, and
return success for it.

- Protocol stall, if the endpoint doesn't support one request, it can
stall itself. If there is an IN request on this endpoint, it should
not do stall, and return error.

--

Best Regards,
Peter Chen