Re: Data loss with usb dvb tuners that is "fixed" by spinning a cpu - how to debug?

Alan Stern wrote:

Is 0u the wrong thing to do?

It depends on what you want.  If you want complete details (all the
packets, all the data) then you need to use the binary interface,
i.e., wireshark or dumpcap.

But if it helps to know that roughly one packet in every four is
received with length 0 (or possibly is not received at all), then
maybe your usbmon capture has served a useful purpose.

Thanks for looking - for this mux on average I would expect 42 (188)
packets per 64 x 940 "line" and though rare I see sometimes there can be
more than one (x188) in a 940 usb packet.

I know I only lost 13 packets out if 1.7 million - I was hoping there
may be some way to see why or if in fact they were missing from the
usbmon dump.

I am kicking my self now though, I had some time ago downloaded an app
called usbmon and if I use that I see it shows the real data length per
line rather than 60160 - so I could have just totted up to see if it
matched the recording. Of course if it uses too much CPU to do this it
will be no use as I won't get any loss!

Next time I get some time (and no one needs the internet as it's also my
router) to put a monitor back on the problem board I will try again -
xhci is disabled again in bios as using ehci is almost a 100% workaround
for me. I did try building xhci as a module in the hope of easier
testing but I still didn't get ehci for the usb2 ports.