Re: Re: excessive usb traffic with FT230x

Johan Hovold <johan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The usbmon traces seem to be a continual reporting of the "0x0160" shown
> > in the ftdi_get_modem_status lines.  Is this actually _meant_ to be
> > happening?  Can I turn it off?  Any other suggestions?
>
> This is the device reporting the modem and line status every
> millisecond. You can increase the interval by clearing the low_latency
> flag and setting a even higher value than the otherwise default 16ms
> period through sysfs.
>
> Note that this also means that any data received will not necessarily be
> forwarded every millisecond either anymore.

Ok, I've now seen that this is actually happening with my ftdi ft232
devices on desktop linux too [1], but not for my cp210x, and not for a
ch341 device

If I'm not interested in modem status, can I disable this entirely?  I
don't even have modem lines connected.

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson

[1] I had been capturing on the wrong usb interface before, my bad :(