Re: usb : serial : ch341 : set tty baud speed according to tty struct

Johan Hovold <johan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, there shouldn't be a need to store the baud rate in the driver (the
> tty layer will keep track of that), but you probably still want to store
> the state of the modem-control signals.

Sounds right.  The modem control signals I'm having a harder time
setting up good tests for, but it's coming together.  I've been testing
with a cp2104 connected back to back with a ch340 device, and

> Looks like we could get rid of that ch341_configure at every open too?

That's the plan yes.  With more of the control requests decoded, the
_configure call was really just a badly implemented set_termios.

> Looking forward to seeing your patches when you're done.

Me too!  It's slow going in the evenings, but I'm getting more
comfortable with it slowly but surely :)

Cheers,
Karl P