Re: cdc_acm driver with Arduino USB2SERIAL problem

On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 09:31 +0100, Roberto Bianchi wrote:
> Wow! What a support!

> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 03eb:2ff7 Atmel Corp.
> Device Descriptor:
>   bLength                18
>   bDescriptorType         1
>   bcdUSB               1.10
>   bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
>   bDeviceSubClass         0
>   bDeviceProtocol         0
>   bMaxPacketSize0        32
>   idVendor           0x03eb Atmel Corp.
>   idProduct          0x2ff7
>   bcdDevice            0.00
>   iManufacturer           0
>   iProduct                1 Arduino USB-Serial DFU
>   iSerial                 0
>   bNumConfigurations      1
>   Configuration Descriptor:
>     bLength                 9
>     bDescriptorType         2
>     wTotalLength           27
>     bNumInterfaces          1
>     bConfigurationValue     1
>     iConfiguration          0
>     bmAttributes         0x80
>       (Bus Powered)
>     MaxPower              100mA
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        0
>       bAlternateSetting       0
>       bNumEndpoints           0
>       bInterfaceClass       254 Application Specific Interface
>       bInterfaceSubClass      1 Device Firmware Update
>       bInterfaceProtocol      2
>       iInterface              0
>       Device Firmware Upgrade Interface Descriptor:
>         bLength                             9
>         bDescriptorType                    33
>         bmAttributes                        3
>           Will Not Detach
>           Manifestation Intolerant
>           Upload Supported
>           Download Supported
>         wDetachTimeout                      0 milliseconds
>         wTransferSize                    3072 bytes
>         bcdDFUVersion                   1.00
> Device Status:     0x0001
>   Self Powered

That is a DFU device. It cannot work with CDC-ACM. Did you mean
to use it with CDC-ACM after uploading firmware? If so, I need
the descriptor in that state.
In the current state the device lacks endpoints. It cannot
possibly work with CDC-ACM.

	Regards
		Oliver