Re: Unable to reap urb after receiving signal using usbfs.

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Alan Stern on 2015/02/11 at 10:54 -0500]
>
> >> I just reverified. It's definitely returning -1 with EAGAIN.
> >
> >That indicates the device is connected and the URB is still in
> >progress.  You can't reap it because it hasn't completed.  The signal
> >you received must have referred to a different URB.
>
> there's only one urb. The code actually verifies this by comparing the address
> of the reaped urb to the one that was submitted. In this case, however, reaping
> is failibng so it doesn't get that far. Could the signal be arriving too early?

As far as I can see, there's no way to receive the signal until the URB
completes, at which point REAP will work.

Hmmm.  In addition to usbmon, you can try writing 1 to
/sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_snoop and then seeing what shows
up in the dmesg log.

Alan Stern