Re: Fatal Exception on device when Hotsyncing Palm in linux

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 04:00:26PM +0100, Henri Manson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I performed the test using VirtualBox and live cd iso images, so
> mixing different version of kernel and user-space programs does not
> happen.

You'd probably need to compile your own kernel (e.g. test an old kernel
on your recent userspace) if you really want to rule out that this is
kernel related (which it doesn't seem to be).

> In 9.04 there is no usb communication until pilot-xfer is
> started (a user-space program), in 10.04 usb communication happens
> directly after hotsyncing. Does anyone know which, if at all,
> user-space program is auto-started in 10.04 after a Palm is detected?
> Do I need to check udev rules?

No idea, sorry. Perhaps you should file a bug report with your distro.

Johan