Re: External USB3 hard drive fails to connect (JMicron bridge 152d:0569)

> I got one icybox from Heinz Diehl some time ago, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem back then, but now
> with a new laptop I can see it randomly disconnecting.
>
> However my issue is a bit different, I see several short packet errors before disconnect, you got
> a context error.
>
> can you add xhci debugging, it should print out the context data of the failing setup context command.
>
> echo -n 'module xhci_hcd =p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
>
> before connecting the icybox

After enabling debugs I did the following:

* attached external IcyCox to USB 3 port
  it was recognised and mounted automatically on Ubuntu Utopic
* safely removed the disk from Ubuntu desktop
* plugged out the disk
* attached the disk again to the secons USB 3 port
  disk was not recognised any more

Complete kernel log from boot is attached.

Regards,

Matej