Re: Problem with USB-to-SATA adapters (was: AS2105-based enclosure size issues with >2TB HDDs)

Is there an 'easy' way to override the detected size of a storage
device from userspace?  If we had that, someone could write a helper
application which looked for this particular fubar and try to Do The
Right Thing(tm), or at least offer the user some options.

Matt

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Dale R. Worley <worley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> From: Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> If you try to repartition the drive under Windows using the deficient
>> adapter, you'll see that the problem still exists.  It just doesn't
>> show up during normal use.
>
> So in summary, the Windows workaround is icky, but it allows any use
> but repartitioning to be one on the attached disk.
>
> Dale
> --

Matthew Dharm
Maintainer, USB Mass Storage driver for Linux