Re: What is the command line commands to use UAC2 at USB client side?

On 08/15/2014 08:55 AM, Peter Chen wrote:
At device side, in driver/usb/gadget/Kconfig, it says before for
CONFIG_USB_AUDIO
-------------------------
            This driver doesn't expect any real Audio codec to be
present
            on the device - the audio streams are simply sinked to and
            sourced from a virtual ALSA sound card created. The user-
space
            application may choose to do whatever it wants with the
data
            received from the USB Host and choose to provide whatever
it
            wants as audio data to the USB Host.
-------------------------

My question is: at device side, how to configure sink/source for UAC2
virtual ALSA sound card (hw:2,0, UAC2_Gadget)?

At OS level, select the UAC2 card like any other - Control Panel ->
Sound settings. You want to select the same Card on Host as well as
Gadget side.

-Jassi
Thanks for your reply. At the device side, should I do something to
redirect the virtual sound card to a real one?
--
I don't think you need, did you meet any problems?

Peter

Thanks Peter.

My problem is that I can not hear any sound if playing wav from Ubuntu Host.

I can hear sound if I play wav for the real sound card at the device side.

For UAC1 (file u_uac1.c), usb audio stream is hard-coded to be directed to "/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p". I am wondering for UAC2, should I do the similar?

--
Thanks,
Xuebing Wang