Re: libusbg - is really fork required?

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 03:05:03PM +0200, Krzysztof Opasiak wrote:
> Dear Matt,
>
> I have done a lot of work in libusbg. I have sent you about 80 patches,
> but you did not review nor merge any of them. Current code statistics
> in my git tree looks like:
>
> $ git blame include/usbg/usbg.h | grep Opasiak | wc -l
> 601
>
> $ git blame src/usbg.c | grep Opasiak | wc -l
> 2032
>
> $ git blame include/usbg/usbg.h | grep Porter | wc -l
> 270
>
> $ git blame src/usbg.c | grep Porter | wc -l
> 355
>
> Other statistic can be found here:
>
> https://github.com/kopasiak/libusbg
>
> I have forked the github project and created a pull request but you
> also didn��t answer. I have tried to contact you many times using IRC
> but you have not respond for over 3 months. Current situation is hard
> to accept.

Yes, I apologize for the situation, we can fix it now.

First, the work is great. I've caught up on everything but the last
series and will apply it all now. I don't want you to give up on this or
have the idea that I don't value your participation in this..and
frankly, you've taken this a long way already. So, see my comment on the
pull request. I'm prepared to merge all of this except the last series
"libusbg: Add remove gadget/config/func/binding functionality" as that
still needs some thought as far as changing the API wrt to function
names use. Let's start there and get caught up to the present.

> 1) You become more active, review and merge all the patches and
> participate in further development

I'm finally starting to do that now. ;)

> 2) You will provide me RW access to libusbg github account what
> determines that I will become maintainer/submaintainer of this project
> and merge those patches and continue development

After we do merge the updated pull request I plan to add you as a
co-maintainer with RW access to the github tree. We'll update the docs
to reflect that.

Thanks for your persistence here.

Regards,
Matt