Re: HSIC on imx6

Hi Christian

> Christian Gmeiner <christian.gmeiner@xxxxxxxxx> hat am 27. Februar 2014 um
> 15:31 geschrieben:
>

> Hi Rolf

> >> Rolf Evers-Fischer <embedded24@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hat am 27. Februar 2014 um
> >> 12:43 geschrieben:
> >>
> >> Well, it's not the only patch that we were using in 3.10 kernel: We had 30
> >> chipidea patches on the 3.10 kernel. Fortunately a lot of them have been
> >> integrated into the mainline, but 4 of them are still remaining. Currently
> >> don't know, if they are necessary for proper HSIC function.
> >>

> > I've just removed the 4 chipidea patches that I mentioned in my previous
> > mail -
> > and HSIC still works.
> > It seems that these patches have no impact on the HSIC function!
>
> I am using a handfull of hsic patches on top of 3.13.5 kernel - see
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_fznDimUHVuS1BTTVRRSDFxTFU&usp=sharing

Thank you for sharing your chipidea patches.

I'm only using 10 chipidea patches for 3.13:
 3 of them have been added to 3.13.5
 1 of them is for documentation only and shouldn't impact the functionality
 The remaining 6 patches are (using your filenames):
  - 0001.patch
  - 7a92...patch
  - 6e0b...patch
  - 555e...patch
  - 54e4...patch
  - bfb5...patch

> I am running out of ideas right now - it may be time to connect a
> oscilloscope and call the hw guy.

This is, what I did yesterday ;-)
If you are not successful, you may try to rebuild your kernel, using only the 6
patches, that I mentioned above.

I assume that you are still using your modified dts from this comment:
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/103757
aren't you?

Ah! One more idea: Are you using spaces or tabs in your dts file? A lot of
devicetrees are using tabs for the first indentation, but maybe it's no matter,
what we are using.

Kind regards,
 Rolf