Re: HSIC on imx6

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 01:59:56PM +0100, Christian Gmeiner wrote:
> Hi Peter.
>
> I am currently trying to get HSIC working on an imx6d based board.
>
> Some time ago I asked if somebody has some patches etc. and got this:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg303281.html
>
> I needed some other changes to get it booting without any oops.
> But I have some questions:
>
> * usbhc2/3 can only do HSCI. And I do not need any PHY for it. That
>   means I need to change ci_hdrc_imx.c in order to work without a PHY.

No, add generic phy node to dts, and points to it at hsic node.
http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=139260274919538&w=2

> * Here are some logs: http://dpaste.com/hold/1617947/
>   It looks like EHCI takes over and does one port (the HSIC?). The problem
>   seems now that the port never changes its status to connected, but I am
>   100% sure that there is a LAN9730 [1] connected to that usbhc.
>
> [1] http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?product=LAN9730

Yes, there is one ehci port, but never connected, so there is no bus
reset interrupt, and no enumeration.

It seems more and more guys are working at hsic controller, I will
try to submit hsic support asap.

--

Best Regards,
Peter Chen