> 20:15 geschrieben:
>

> Hi Rolf

> > Hi Christian,
> >
> >> Peter Chen <Peter.Chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> hat am 26. Februar 2014 um 03:05
> >> geschrieben:

> >> try to cherry-pick
> >> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/?id=73de93440186c595a031046e266f6caaac106aa0
> >>
> > were you successful with this patch?
> > If not: Have you already tried to disable the "&fec"? I'm asking, because I
> > saw
> > this comment from Peter Chen:
> > "Since hsic has pin conflict with ethernet, we disable ethernet at this
> > dts...".
> >
> > I can also offer you to upload a bootlog of our IMX6Q board with HSIC
> > working on
> > Bus 003, if it helps.
>
> That would be awesome. Could you enable regulator and chipidea debug
> in the kernel. Would it be a problem to get the used
> kernel configuration too?

Here is the bootlog:
http://dpaste.com/hold/1665533/

And here is my kernelconfig for 3.13:
http://dpaste.com/hold/1665559/

> > By the way: I was using the patch from
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg303287.html for my board in
> > previous
> > kernel versions.
> >

> That did not work

Well, it's not the only patch that we were using in 3.10 kernel: We had 30
chipidea patches on the 3.10 kernel. Fortunately a lot of them have been
integrated into the mainline, but 4 of them are still remaining. Currently I
don't know, if they are necessary for proper HSIC function.

> - maybe its a hw problem in the design.

As you can see from the bootlog, we have connected a SMSC USB4640 HSIC hub to
the I.MX. with pin 43 ("HSIC_STROBE") connected to pin C23 ("RGMII_TX_CTL") of
the IMX  and pin 42 ("HSIC_DAT") connected to pin D21 ("RGMII_TXC") of the IMX.
It seems that pin 39 ("HSIC_IMP") of the SMSC chip is set to "high" (= approx.
50 Ohm impedance, according to the USB4640 datasheet).

Kind regards,
 Rolf