Re: USB storage vanilla kernel 3.13 hang on DELL PRECISION M6400

Am Montag, den 10.02.2014, 12:09 -0500 schrieb Alan Stern:
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, Stefani Seibold wrote:

> > > It would help to see a usbmon trace from 3.13 together with a usbmon
> > > trace from an earlier, working kernel.  (The instructions are in
> > > Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.)  Start the usbmon trace just before you
> > > plug in the flash device.
> > >
> > > Alan Stern
> > >

> > I did and attached the USB trace for 3.13.2 and for 3.12.7.
> >
> > One interesting thing was that the bus in 3.12.7 was sometimes 6 and
> > sometimes 2.

I have more information about the bug. I tested with a USB 3.0
Expresscard and this works with 3.13.

I also found an old USB 1.1 HUB in my USB gadget box. When i attach the
USB flash storage to the USB 1.1 hub there is also no problem.

Since the USB 1.1 Hub is attached to the EHCI we can assume that the bug
is not in the phy support nor in the USB storage driver.

So i thing the bug must be located in the EHCI HC driver.

- Stefani