Re: USB storage vanilla kernel 3.13 hang on DELL PRECISION M6400

Am Montag, den 10.02.2014, 12:09 -0500 schrieb Alan Stern:
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, Stefani Seibold wrote:

> > > It would help to see a usbmon trace from 3.13 together with a usbmon
> > > trace from an earlier, working kernel.  (The instructions are in
> > > Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.)  Start the usbmon trace just before you
> > > plug in the flash device.
> > >
> > > Alan Stern
> > >

> > I did and attached the USB trace for 3.13.2 and for 3.12.7.
> >
> > One interesting thing was that the bus in 3.12.7 was sometimes 6 and
> > sometimes 2.
>
> The bus number doesn't matter; it's allowed to change every time you
> reboot.

The bus change without a reboot!

> The two traces are almost identical.  This is puzzling; I don't see any
> significant differences at all.

The problem is that the machine complete freeze, so the dump stops. I
get no crash log or anything else. The computer is still dead. Only the
LED of the usb flash storage is very fast flashing.

> It looks like you will have to use git bisect to find the change that
> caused the regression.

That's to dangerous for me, because it is a production machine.

- Stefani