Upgrading just the USB core from 3.7 to tip?

Hi there,

So I have a problem in the field on kernel 3.7 which is looking more
and more like some sort of EHCI scheduler bug (very occasional
usb_submit_urb failures in snd-usb-audio wedge the entire USB stack
until reboot).  Because it's only happening in the field and I cannot
repro locally (and it's happening on lots of machines), I was
speculating on how hard it would be to just backport in the entire
drivers/usb tree from the latest kernel back to 3.7.

I know this is an atypical thing to consider since most devs work on
the trunk, but can anybody give me a feel for how much breakage is
likely to occur If I move the tree between those two revs?  Have there
been a ton of changes to common frameworks in the kernel that
drivers/usb relies on?

Suggestions welcome.

Devin

--