Re: FW: xhci ASMedia lockups - a theory and a patch

It looks like the issue with being unable to get the device to work at all is
limited to the Asmedia controller.

I plugged a VL800-Q8 based pcie card in and got 117MB/s when sending and
receiving with scp. This is with kernel 3.12.9

I guess it's possible that the ax88179 never worked with the integrated
Asmedia 1042 controller on my motherboard with any kernel, but I can say i'm
seeing the issue back to 3.11.0

With the VIA controller I guess i'm good to test stability, though in the past
i've used it with kvm and vfio but for some reason haven't been able to pass
it through to a virtual machine with later kernels and then use the ax88179.

Regards,

Will Trives