Re: FW: xhci ASMedia lockups - a theory and a patch

The patch did prevent the whole system from crashing but I have to unplug and
plug something like 20 times to get it not to spit out those error messages.

Even once it is up, it doesn't operate at full gigabit speed and there is
something funky going on. When sending via scp it maxed out at 36MB/s and
there was some kind of issue when recieving, transfers stalled unless I
disabled TSO and even then maxed at 20-21MB/s. True though that it didn't
crash the system when it was beforehand.

I'll double check it again on 3.12.

Hopefully someone with the same motherboard as me can test, or at least
someone with a AMD FX system to see if my nic is faulty or i'm doing something
else wrong.

Not sure if it's relevant on this board these devices:

06:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller
(rev 01)
07:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host
Controller
08:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host
Controller
09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411
PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 09)

Are on the same bridge or something, they count as the same iommu group.

Regards,

Will Trives