Re: FW: xhci ASMedia lockups - a theory and a patch

[Please don't drop Cc'ed people.]

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 10:29:33AM +1100, renevant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The patch did prevent the whole system from crashing but I have to unplug and
> plug something like 20 times to get it not to spit out those error messages.
>
> Even once it is up, it doesn't operate at full gigabit speed and there is
> something funky going on. When sending via scp it maxed out at 36MB/s and
> there was some kind of issue when recieving, transfers stalled unless I
> disabled TSO and even then maxed at 20-21MB/s. True though that it didn't
> crash the system when it was beforehand.

When the device works but runs slow, you can double check to see if it's
working at USB 3.0 speeds by running `sudo lsusb -t`.  If the speed is
5000, it's working at USB 3.0 speeds.  If it's 480, it's working at USB
2.0 speeds because the device enumerated as a high speed device.

Sarah Sharp