Re: xhci regression since "xhci: replace xhci_write_64() with writeq()" - devices not detected

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 02:00:29PM -0800, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> I think the solution should be to just revert the writeq patch, and
> leave the xhci_write64 in place.  We can always optimize that function
> later to do a writeq if the host supports 64-bit writes, but we'll have
> to analyze whether the performance impact of doing so makes sense.

Branimir also reports that his host stops responding to commands, and
reverting this patch helps.  I'll be sending the revert commit next
week, after -rc1 is out.  Branimir and Rafał, you'll get an email when
it goes into Greg's usb-linus branch, on its way to Linus' tree.

Thanks for catching and reporting this regression so early!

Sarah Sharp