Re: USB-modem not working correctly

On 2014-01-09 17:50, Linus Gasser wrote:
Hi list,

I'm trying to get an USB-modem running on a Smileplug, which is some Arm7-device, using it with the kernel 3.12-6. As far as I can tell it's an USB3-port. It works well with harddisks, but when I plug in USB-modems, it always fails sooner or later.

Is there anything that I can do to track down the bug? I attach the syslog (journal - it's archlinux) when I plug in the modem, start pppd, then try to do a ping. Sometimes some succeed, but very fast it fails.

I compiled the kernel using usb-debug option, but I'm at a loss to turn it on. I don't get any more messages than without that option.

Thanks for any help,

Linus

PS: flame me if you don't like log-files in attachements - I just thought it's more readable...

This is a dongle ( Huawei E3131-s2 ?) with both ncm direct ethernet interface and serial ppp interface, don't load the cdc_ncm driver if you use it in serial ppp mode. I've seen the same callback error and dongle firmware crash in the past when both protocols are active.