Re: [regression?] escaping commas in overlayfs mount options

On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 at 15:07, Miklos Szeredi <miklos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can't the existing option names be overloaded if a separate cmd
> (FSCONFIG_SET_PATH or FSCONFIG_SET_PATH_EMPTY) is used in fsconfig()?

Looked and there's nothing in the uAPI that would prevent overloading
the existing names.  However the internal fs_parse() API only allows a
single type associated with a name.   That could be changed if we
want.   I think it would make more sense than adding newer names that
are not in sync with the command line usage and existing
documentation.   I can look into that if there's no objection.

Thanks,
Miklos