Re: Kernel freeze during ftrace startup test (x86)

Ok, thanks for your help!

I'm sorry for sending this issue to the wrong list, I'm quite new to
this and my thought was that is the correct list as the issue was
happening with a vanilla kernel too.

Just to summarize:
- on real HW with rtai-patch the issue is caused by rtai
- the vanilla kernel used with vmware has some other issues

so the conclusion is that I avoid the use of function tracing for now.

Regards

Felix

PS: what list would have been the right one for this issue?