Re: [RFC] Open multiple trace files and, if possible, pair them

On Thu, 2021-03-11 at 12:50 -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 18:37:03 +0100
> Dario Faggioli <dfaggioli@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > So, what would be the way forward here. I'm guessing re-doing the
> > patch
> > on top of the new API?
>
> With the new API it may not be necessary.

Right.

> As we are making it where the guest files will show the same output
> regardless of being paired or not by default. That is, we are going
> store the synchronization information in each trace.dat file (for the
> host
> and all the guests), and the trace.dat files will display the same
> time
> stamp regardless of if it is being displayed with other trace.dat
> files or
> stand alone.

Yep, saw it.

In fact, my mistake was to think that opening multiple trace files
would still need some work. But, as a matter of fact, that also works
already, right?

In which case, we will "just" apply the patches with the new API and
continue our work on top of them.

And sorry for the noise. :-)

Regards
--