Re: trace-cmd python

On Wed, 2019-01-09 at 15:36 -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 22:43:00 -0500
> Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > I just checked, and this is still an issue today. I'll make sure that
> > this gets fixed soon.
> >
> > Thanks for reporting! (even though it got lost in my INBOX :-( )
> >

> OK, I finally got around to looking at this. It was a bit of a pain to
> figure out. It was caused by the shuffling of the files around, as that
> was needed to do because trace-cmd was getting bigger. This caused the
> python ctracecmd.so to lose linking with the proper libraries and
> caused the undefined symbols.
>
> I just fixed it and pushed it to the repo. Want to give it a try and
> see if it works for you?

Seems to work more or less.

Not sure how I managed to install it into a custom subdirectory of my
$HOME before, and make it load plugins - I can't seem to figure out the
right combination of prefix= and DESTDIR= anymore.

If I symlink it to a place where trace-cmd actually looks for it then I
get errors in python saying pevent_record_data_get() is not defined, but
could be that I'm not importing something right ...

What's a good way to install it into a custom directory without
affecting the whole machine?

johannes