Re: [RFC] drm/tegra: Add a flag to mark that there is only one display pll

On 24.08.2018 11:45, Peter Geis wrote:
> If no other users are taking control of the plld, couldn't he just use assign
> clocks to set up the clock in the device tree?
Yes, but then you need to know that disp clock is running off the pll_d. Also
exclusive ownership over the parent clock shall be declared to make sure that
nothing else will change the parents clock rate. I'll try to make a draft patch.

Again, ideally displays shouldn't be tied to a particular clock on Tegra20. I
think for now allowance to change the parent rate if that parent is pll_d should
be a reasonable stopgap solution.