Re: could not mount a spi-flash on rootfs

Hi Hiep-san,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:29 AM, カオ ミン ヒェップ <cm-hiep@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> "EXT3-fs (mtdblock2): error: can't find ext3 filesystem on dev mtdblock2.
>>> EXT2-fs (mtdblock2): error: can't find an ext2 filesystem on dev
>>> mtdblock2.
>>> EXT4-fs (mtdblock2): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
>>> FAT-fs (mtdblock2): bogus number of reserved sectors
>>> FAT-fs (mtdblock2): Can't find a valid FAT filesystem
>>> FAT-fs (mtdblock2): bogus number of reserved sectors
>>> FAT-fs (mtdblock2): Can't find a valid FAT filesystem
>>> mount: you must specify the filesystem type"
>>> root@linaro-nano:~# mount /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt/
>>
>> Does it make a difference if you explicitly specify the file system type,
>> by adding "-t ext3"?
>
> I have tried to specify the system type by adding "-t ext3" or "-t ext4",
> but it has no change anything.
> I attached the qspi test logs file. Please see it.

"renesas_spi qspi.0: master is unqueued, this is deprecated"

So this is indeed a very old version of the rspi driver.
Which 3.10.31-ltsi are you using? The one from renesas-backports?

>>> I have enabled ext2,3,4 file systems when configuring the kernel.
>>> and I saw that the qspi driver code is same with upstream version code
>>> that
>>> be good.
>>> maybe the problem related to mtd (m25p80.c) (?)
>>> I attach the logs files when making a spi-flash partition and mount it on
>>> rootfs.
>>
>> It looks like the file system wasn't written correctly to the device.
>> Do you see anything suspicious in the kernel log (dmesg)?
>
> No, I don't see anything suspicious in the kernel log. It is normally log
> for qspi.

Strange.

Can you check that writing works using some other way, e.g. using dd?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds