Re: could not mount a spi-flash on rootfs

Hi Geert-san

Thanks for your replying

"EXT3-fs (mtdblock2): error: can't find ext3 filesystem on dev mtdblock2.
EXT2-fs (mtdblock2): error: can't find an ext2 filesystem on dev mtdblock2.
EXT4-fs (mtdblock2): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): bogus number of reserved sectors
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): Can't find a valid FAT filesystem
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): bogus number of reserved sectors
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): Can't find a valid FAT filesystem
mount: you must specify the filesystem type"
root@linaro-nano:~# mount /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt/
Does it make a difference if you explicitly specify the file system type,
by adding "-t ext3"?
I have tried to specify the system type by adding "-t ext3" or "-t ext4",
but it has no change anything.
I attached the qspi test logs file. Please see it.

I have enabled ext2,3,4 file systems when configuring the kernel.
and I saw that the qspi driver code is same with upstream version code that
be good.
maybe the problem related to mtd (m25p80.c) (?)
I attach the logs files when making a spi-flash partition and mount it on
rootfs.
It looks like the file system wasn't written correctly to the device.
Do you see anything suspicious in the kernel log (dmesg)?
No, I don't see anything suspicious in the kernel log. It is normally log for qspi.

You mentioned you tested this on upstream-ltsi v3.10.31.
Do you mean the above test, which failed?
yes, I do.
root@linaro-nano:~# fdisk /dev/mtdblock2
[...]

root@linaro-nano:~# mkfs.ext3 /dev/mtdblock2
BTW, why do you run fdisk on /dev/mtdblock2 first?
According to your logs, you're running mkfs.ext3 on the raw /dev/mtdblock2
afterwards, erasing your partition table again.
Thanks, I got it.

Best regards,
Hiep

renesas_spi qspi.0: master is unqueued, this is deprecated
m25p80 spi0.0: s25fl512s (65536 Kbytes)
Creating 3 MTD partitions on "m25p80":
0x000000000000-0x000000040000 : "loader"
0x000000040000-0x000000440000 : "user"
0x000000440000-0x000004000000 : "flash"
renesas_spi qspi.0: probed

# mkfs.ext3 -t ext3 /dev/mtdblock2
mke2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
Filesystem label=
OS type: Linux
Block size=1024 (log=0)
Fragment size=1024 (log=0)
Stride=0 blocks, Stripe width=0 blocks
15296 inodes, 61184 blocks
3059 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user
First data block=1
Maximum filesystem blocks=62652416
8 block groups
8192 blocks per group, 8192 fragments per group
1912 inodes per group
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
        8193, 24577, 40961, 57345

Allocating group tables: done
Writing inode tables: done
Creating journal (4096 blocks): done
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

root@linaro-nano:~# mount /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt/
EXT3-fs (mtdblock2): error: can't find ext3 filesystem on dev mtdblock2.
EXT4-fs (mtdblock2): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
EXT4-fs (mtdblock2): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): bogus number of reserved sectors
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): Can't find a valid FAT filesystem
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): bogus number of reserved sectors
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): Can't find a valid FAT filesystem
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
root@linaro-nano:~# mount -t ext3 /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt/
EXT3-fs (mtdblock2): error: can't find ext3 filesystem on dev mtdblock2.
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mtdblock2,
       dmesg | tail  or so

# mkfs.ext4 -t ext4 /dev/mtdblock2

root@linaro-nano:~# mount -t ext4 /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt/
EXT4-fs (mtdblock2): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mtdblock2,
       dmesg | tail  or so

root@linaro-nano:~# mount /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt/
EXT3-fs (mtdblock2): error: can't find ext3 filesystem on dev mtdblock2.
EXT4-fs (mtdblock2): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
EXT4-fs (mtdblock2): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): bogus number of reserved sectors
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): Can't find a valid FAT filesystem
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): bogus number of reserved sectors
FAT-fs (mtdblock2): Can't find a valid FAT filesystem
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]