Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 16:43:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Seeking someone who..? (

Sharing what I posted to alpine as well as here..My resource is doing all they can, but I truly am not equips to help them..please someone who knows what they are doing first hand get in touch?

Currently uses alpine to access their gmail account.
A bit of context
I experience sight loss, with basic html my only direct access to my gmail account..which has been removed as of last Monday. I use my gmail account personally and professionally, its lost is quite quite quite a situation for me. There is an associate in Toronto who is aiming to provide an email setup, configuring alpine to access gmail, but he has never configured alpine before. As I experience sight loss, and have only accessed my gmail account via the web interface, I need to 1, be sure what I am told should happen here incorporating imap is what I expect, and 2, insure my associate has correct information, all of my alpine access is via dreamhost, and they do not configure alpine well. My associate is using Alpine 2.5, which I recall has a tool that allows one to authenticate to gmail, but I am seeking someone with direct experience so this gets done to the best of Alpine's ability.
If you are personally doing this, Can you please write me off list?
I absolutely positively do not have the emotional capacity to gamble here, hoping to connect Ron with someone who knows what they are doing.
klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thanks,
Kare