Re: Beep on Backspace in Console Sessions

On my ancient laptop bought in early 2013, I still get a beep from the
speakers and headphone jack when pressing backspace at the
console. Looking at the list of loaded sound modules, it isn't
immediately obvious which one of them is responsible for that. No,
there is no snd-beep module, and the pcspkr module isn't loaded. I can
post a list of the loaded sound modules if that would help.
There is a Beep sound control, which needs to be unmuted, and have its
sound level adjusted for the beep to be heard.

For reference, my desktop built in June 2019 has a PC speaker attached
to the motherboard header, and I do get a beep out of that speaker
for which the pcspkr module is responsible.

It may also be worth pointing out that one will not always get a beep
when pressing backspace on an empty line in the console, if in a
screen(1) session for example. Good luck with your move Janina.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1