Beep on Backspace in Console Sessions

Dear All:

I'm wondering whether it's still supported in alsa?

Yes, in ancient history, with speakers in the computer case just for a
beep on backspace, the old pcskpr module did the trick.

Then those speakers disappeared, but alsa-lib gave us an snd-beep module
(as I recall). I'm not finding that module these days, and I'm wondering
wheter it's just not getting compiled for some reason? Or has it really
been dropped.

I know most fot the sighted world hates that beep on backspace. That's
partly why it's quite hard to google for this question. I don't mind if
it's off by default, but it should be something those of us who find it
beneficial should be able to turn on, imo.

Anyone know.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka (she/her/hers)