Re: Can I Increase a Buffer size in Speakup?

Hi Chime,

On May 20, 2023, at 17:29, Chime Hart <chime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All: This list has been `quite quiet lately. I am temporarily useing a laptop with Voxin. Since I am in Alpine with 135 lines, I tend to use a num-pad 9 to rapidly scroll through text. Well, more often lately, I suppose a buffer is over-flowing,

I don't think so. It seems more likely that the control character to quiet the speech is getting dropped.

I do not know a way of changing the output buffer of speakup, but I think you'd want to make it smaller not larger, to increase interactivity. I'd be very surprised if the problem is in the text and control characters from speakup reaching the speechd-up buffer. It's much more likely that the audio driver isn't receiving the flush command.

I too am having issues with software synthesis using speakup. I'll let the list know when I've made any progress towards something better .

--FC