Re: Debian Packages

On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 12:20:55PM -0500, K0LNY_Glenn wrote:
> I wanted to see if I can get Voxin installed, so I put the .deb file on a
> USB drive, and I thought it would show up in /media, but the only thing
> there is cdrom, and nothing is in there.
> During the install, I did the base install, because I wasn't sure if the 4GB
> internal storage would hold the Mate desktop, so I'm working in the CLI.
> I didn't find anything in /mnt either.

You need to mount it by hand.

> So I did fdisk -l and it did not recognize the command.

apt install fdisk

> So I tried sudo fdisk -l and it did not know the command sudo.

apt install sudo

> So I tried just su and it wanted root's password, and I was root.
> But it still did not recognize fdisk.

Doing just su will not put /sbin in your path, which is where fdisk
would be if it is installed. You need to do

su -

note the dash.

> Now, during the install, one option was install ssh-server, that was #11,
> and #12 was common system tools, and I thought I would get those choices
> again after installing ssh-server, but they were never presented again.
> Question, without reinstalling again, is there a way to get the common
> system tools installed?

tasksel --list-tasks

tasksel install <task>

where <task> is the task you want. I don't have a debian system here,
so can't give you the exact task name.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net