Debian Packages

Hi All,
I'm running Debian 11.04 on the Asus 701 with speakup & espeak.
I wanted to see if I can get Voxin installed, so I put the .deb file on a
USB drive, and I thought it would show up in /media, but the only thing
there is cdrom, and nothing is in there.
During the install, I did the base install, because I wasn't sure if the 4GB
internal storage would hold the Mate desktop, so I'm working in the CLI.
I didn't find anything in /mnt either.
So I did fdisk -l and it did not recognize the command.
So I tried sudo fdisk -l and it did not know the command sudo.
So I tried just su and it wanted root's password, and I was root.
But it still did not recognize fdisk.
Now, during the install, one option was install ssh-server, that was #11,
and #12 was common system tools, and I thought I would get those choices
again after installing ssh-server, but they were never presented again.
Question, without reinstalling again, is there a way to get the common
system tools installed?
I did apt update as root.
Thanks.

Glenn