AntiX

Hi,
I'm going to try the AntiX OS on my ePC.
I downloaded the 386 base version, which does not install the desktop.
If I like it, I may install the full onto a bootable SD card for the SD card
slot.
So it looks like I should be able to SSH into it, and I can log in as demo
or as root.
Is it not a good idea to install espeak as root or is it the best option?
This is a Debian distro.
Thanks, and if anyone else has used AntiX, I will appreciate your input.
Thanks.

Glenn