tty keeps jumping to tty7 ubuntu 22.04 after upgrade

Good day,
After upgrading from ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04, I have this funny problem.
I first had some issues getting sound/alsa/espeakup to talk, but that is kind of sorted now. What is happening now, is that, if I go to tty1 through tty6, I get a login prompt as expected, but a second or so later, I am on tty7 with speakup speaking, but it is a blank screen. I currently do not know if the machine comes up in graphical mode after boot, as I had no speech at that point anyway. I can ssh into the machine, which is mostly what I do, but I got to get speakup and later orca working here.
I never had this behaviour before, any ideas?
Regards, Willem