Re: solved! tty keeps jumping to tty7 ubuntu 22.04 after upgrade

Good day,
I thought I would share my sollution on this one.
My X server was broken, but lightdm was running.
Stopping lightdm allowed me to stay on tty1 to tty6.
I have also removed lightdm as I prefer to use startx when I want a gui.
So now I have a machine starting up in text mode with speakup speaking with the option to use startx once logged in, to start the xfce gui with orca talking.
Regards, Willem