Punctuation Settings Within Voxin?

Hi All: This is rather puzzling? In all the years I've enjoyed listening to Voxin on a laptop, I never had many punctuation symbols to waste my time. My prompt-and-the host name is "dance" Eventually I purchased 2 embedded voices from Oralux, preferring Allison. But listening, I would hear every single colon, tick, question-mark, and dash. Gilles says dictionaries are only available for regular IBM TTS. So, I switched back to this older voice, but still punctuation is still wailing along. We modified dictionaries, but they had `no affect. Here could be a telling clue? In the Speakup pannel, while volume announce numbers as you alter them, an only way of changing levels are in alsa mixer. Obviously I have both reading punc-and-punc level on 0. When punc level is on 3, my prompt says "dance tilda colon grater than" Belo that setting, its "dance colon" I looked at files in /etc/speakup as well as i18n many are on 0. I did ask Samuel, also wrote Gilles from Oralux, like others advised me to read the documentation. I did. While, sure it would be nice to enjoy dictionaries in Voxin, as Speakup doesn't have these. I would just be happy enough to not hear any punctuation. I even tried running "fenrir" which does have a pronunciation dictionary. I couldn't get any speech in Fenrir, as I don't have an adequate way of switching among Speakup-and-Fenrir, as I've heard they don't play well together. Any tips, guidance, and suggestions would be most appreciated as in 1week we are going away with this laptop. Thanks in advance
By the way espeakup does not have extra punctuation.
Chime