Speakup Punctuation Settings Within An Embedded Voxin Voice?

Hi All: After `many months of struggles, I now have Allison, an embedded Voxin voice with Speakup. However, there are still issues? While the Speakup volume pannel announces changes, I can only change volume in alsa mixer. Sure, I can live with that, but, listening to all these dashes-and-colons, even with both punctuation settings on 0. Here are other strange things. There are no files or directories of Speakup settings, such as /etc/speakup. I suppose I could copy items from my desktop machine, but maybe there are better ways of solving this? In voxin.ini punctuation is set to "no" And I have traded messages with Gilles from Oralux, who says dictionaries are not yet available for embedded voices. I am in Debian SID. If I type sudo "speakupconf save/load" it says there is no directory /etc/speakup. So are their Debian or Speakup commands to create these files-and-would they help get rid of more punctuation? Thanks so much in advance.
Chime