About no_interrupt?

Hi All: Now, this is seemingly really strange. We installed Debian Stable on a laptop, eventually switched from horrible espeak to Allison, an embedded Voxin voice. Even on rate1 she sounds like normal conversational speech. Only 1 major thing wrong. Once she reads, she won't stop until she's done. On my Debian SID desktop machine there is a file, "no_interrupt" set to 0. However, on the laptop there seem to be no speakup config files such as bleeps. Also, on my console desktop machine, speakup settings are in /load as well as dot speakup. What would be an easy way of getting these type of files so they are around-and-available on the laptop, especially "no_interrupt"? Side note, I was surprised getting Allison working with a much older version of voxinup1.5 instead of the current rc3.3-rc5. At times I wouldn't mind running Allison instead of a DecTalk on my main machine. Thanks so much in advance of any guidance.
Chime