Re: Speakup Left Out of Ubuntu kernel (again)

Le 10/05/2022 à 17:31, John G. Heim a écrit :
> Come on, Didier, you know better than this. It's rude to give someone
> unsolicited technical advice. I'm no idiot. I don't need to be told I wouldn't
> have this problem if I was running Debian.

Rude? if that you feel it was, maybe. Anyway I didn't write, not even imply that
you were an idiot.

> First of all, I need to run Ubuntu for my job.

theb indeed switching is not an option.

> Secondly, I literally cannot get Debian to work on the machine for
> which I filed the bug report. After installing Debian, the kernel won't load. I
> think it has something to do with weird EUFI settings, maybe something to do
> with kernel signing. I don't know. All I know is that after I install Debian,
> grub seems to work but the kernel simply will not load. I get a blank screen
> with some cryptic error message that doesn't mean anything to anybody I can find
> to ask about it.

Maybe this machine's firmware has Secure Boot on? Not sure, maybe additional
steps pre installation are needed in Debian case but not in case of Ubutu? Just
a uninformed guess.

Cheers,
Didier