Re: Speakup Left Out of Ubuntu kernel (again)

Come on, Didier, you know better than this. It's rude to give someone unsolicited technical advice. I'm no idiot. I don't need to be told I wouldn't have this problem if I was running Debian. First of all, I need to run Ubuntu for my job. Secondly, I literally cannot get Debian to work on the machine for which I filed the bug report. After installing Debian, the kernel won't load. I think it has something to do with weird EUFI settings, maybe something to do with kernel signing. I don't know. All I know is that after I install Debian, grub seems to work but the kernel simply will not load. I get a blank screen with some cryptic error message that doesn't mean anything to anybody I can find to ask about it. If I posted somewhere that Debian won't boot on my PC but Ubuntu would, you know what some people would say to me? That's what you get for running Debian instead of Ubuntu.

I'm not trashing Debian. Personally, I feel Debian is the best distro. But it's not perfect. Nothing is.

Besides, we owe it to other people who might not be on this list to make sure Ubuntu keeps up it's accessibility. There might be other Linux systems admins out there who are stuck with Ubuntu. As a matter of principle, we shouldn't be telling people that if some distro has accessibility problems, just switch to another distro.