I Cannot Interrupt Speech in New Embedded Voices?

Hi All: I purchased both Allison-and-Samantha from Oralux, however, I cannot interrupt speech in most cases. I wrote to Gilles, but am awaiting a reply. Meanwhile I notice a "no_interrupt" mention in speakup-sys.txt. Are these commands I can try from the console or are their controll-pannel items I can change? For many years the regular Voxin voices never had this. Thanks so much in advance
Chime