Nosh and Speakup

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with nosh? Specifically, its terminal emulator? It claims to provide a linux-256color terminal type. It provides user space virtual terminals and the blurb below indicates it uses a framebuffer, so I'm guessing it doesn't work with speakup out of the box. However, it does have a realizer protocol for which it claims to work with screen readers. The only example is brltty, however.

From https://jdebp.uk/Softwares/nosh/user-vt-screenshots.html

   The design comprises separate coerating components.
* A realizer talks to the devices comprising a physical user station communicates with a terminal emulator. There's a realizer that uses a framebuffer and input event devices, supplied with nosh. There's also a limited realizer, mainly useful for monitoring or debugging the console virtual terminals over something like SSH, that uses wide character ncurses for I/O. One could attach screen readers for the blind and partially sighted, since the protocol is close to what they already use. There's nothing stopping people coming up with other tools, with other forms of
       I/O such as (say) the Wayland display protocol.
* A terminal emulator speaks a well-defined protocol to (one or more) realizers using FIFOs and plain old ordinary files in /run/dev. It runs the master side of a pseudo-terminal, on the slave side of which is a login session with
       getty (or the nosh equivalent), login, and friends.

Any thoughts if speakup could be made to work with it?

Thanks,

Trevor