Re: Flushing issue (was: So, where'd the volume controls get to?)

On Sun, 11 Oct 2020, Samuel Thibault wrote:

Ok but isn't it getting interrupted by the next key press also very
fast?

It does interrupt quickly but there is previously spoken speech that
gets jammed against the new speech.

Making the rate to 9 and running less on a long text, then keeping the
down key pressed, I do get gibberish speech indeed, since it basically
tries to speak the first words of each line very fast before the next
key press switches to the next line. But what else would be expected?

You do want to hear it speak fast but new speech not old and new
scrunched together. I don't feel I'm doing a good job of describing
it.

the libespeak library as reported by ldd is:

libespeak.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libespeak.so.1 (0x00007f6298

That is not precise enough, that has never changed since the espeak
times. The last version of espeak-ng I'm aware of is 1.50.

Okay, the espeakup I'm using isn't using espeak-ng at all. It's using:

libespeak1:amd64                       1.48.04+dfsg-9

  Kirk