Re: getting orca and espeakup/speakup to work together

Nah, it would be fine for emergencies. For example, suppose your GUI interface freezes, orca dies or at least stops responding. You would still be able to get to a character console and start killing processes.

Another thing would be that you could have speakup read boot messages via the PC speaker so at least you'd know it is booting.