Re: how to make settings 'stick'

I have those all in place, I've used speakupconf for years; It's just
recently, that the parms don't change when I run the script. I should
clarify a bit more on this. When I run speakupconf from command line
in normal user, speakup parms do not change and I get no errors. But
if I manually echo "7" to /sys/accessibility/speakup/soft/rate, I get
an error message saying that permission is denied. So I figure if
these permissions aren't right, then speakupconf won't work either.

Is this clearer now?