Re: finished with slackware

Are you trying to install slackware or is it already installed? I suspect the slackware installer has a kernel that does not contain the patch that letsspeakup talk to a litetalk. Once you getslackware installed, you could probably ssh to the machine, download and patch the kernel source code, and recompile the kernel. But I'd be surprised if a litetalk would work with the installer for any distro out there. Maybe vinux or sonar.

If I was really desperate to use slackware, I'd probably try booting from a live slackware ISO and enable ssh. Then I'd ssh to the machine and do a manual install. I don't know about slackware but debian has a program called debbootstrap that installs all necessary packages except a kernel. So you have to partition the disk, run debbootstrap, install a kernel and reboot. If there is something like debbootstrap for slackware, it might not be too difficult.

I recently switched to vinux and have been pretty happy. But I used to be a debian user so the transition to vinux wasn't too difficult.