finished with slackware

I have an amd athelon k8 northbridge processor dual core machine with
1,000MB of memory on it and a litetalk synthesizer attached to its only
serial port and keying in boot parameters almost as soon as starting the
machine also fails on this hardware.  I can't do anything with slackware
on the laptops I have since if those have serial ports, those ports have 9
holes rather than 9 pins and the litetalk synthesizers do not come with
dual serial plugs one with holes and the other with pins and I don't have
the necessary cable to bend the gender.  When I moved out of Maryland I
left too much technology there by other people's choices and where I'm at
now I may be able to shop for technology once in a five year period of
time.  Slackware needs to start emulating debian by making a boot beep
happen at the boot prompt on their installation disks otherwise whatever
other hardware I get in the future makes no sense to even consider that
distribution.  The company is either unwilling or incapable of getting
their subscription shipping problem straightened out too.

jude <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Twitter: @jdashiel